National Ice Cream Month’s tastiest representative is finally here—National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! And while the designated holiday may not be an age-old tradition, the dessert itself certainly is. Uniquely American, this sweet treat has been served to dessert lovers since 1906, created at the C.C. Browns ice cream parlor on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles. Since it originated in California, which boasts some of the greatest weed in the world, we figured it was only fitting to add a little THC to the already indulgent feast.
So today, we’re celebrating with Chef Teresa Hansen’s delicious RSO Hot Fudge Sundae recipe. Yielding about 17.6mg of THC per tablespoon of fudge, it gives a whole new meaning to the term “sugar high”—one that doesn’t include an uncomfortable crash or feeling guilty. Instead, dig in and head up to the clouds for a dessert that’s certainly worthy of its own holiday. Although, between us, this recipe is perfect for any day that could use some extra sweetness.
Keep in mind that RSO is potent, so if you’re a fudge fan and want to add more than a few tablespoons of chocolate to your sundae, adjust your RSO dosage accordingly. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: ¾ cup or 6 ounces
(about 17.6mg per tablespoon or
38.3mg per ounce when using 92% THC RSO)
¼ gram High THC RSO 92% potency
3 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup full fat coconut milk
2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
Vanilla bean ice cream
1. Infuse Maple Syrup- heat maple syrup in a double boiler over medium high heat. When syrup is hot add RSO and whisk to fully dissolve.
2. Stir in coconut milk, dark chocolate and vanilla extract.
3. Continue to whisk frequently, until chocolate melts. Reduce heat if mixture gets too hot.
4. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder at a time to avoid clumping.
5. Fully mix hot fudge until creamy and smooth.
6. Remove from heat and add a pinch of sea salt.
7. Slightly cool, then pour hot fudge over vanilla ice cream. Garnish with chopped nuts, sprinkles and cherries!
Learn about our exclusive daily deals when you join our email and text list!