You may have noticed that today is 7/10, which can only mean one thing: the worldwide celebration of all things cannabis oil! From wax to crumble to honeycomb, cannabis concentrates make up a booming sector of consumption that’s turning medicating on its head.
The good news is you don’t just have to hit the dab rig to experience the benefits of cannabis extracts. Oils can take all sorts of forms, including infused edibles. Because of their ultra-high THC content, it doesn’t take much for a meal to turn into an enlightening culinary experience.
That’s why our Chef Teresa Hansen recommends a conservative approach at first when adding infused vinaigrette to this delicious mediterranean kale salad recipe. You’ll be cooking with shatter and letting the heat from your stove activate the THC in the extract, which sort of makes this the world’s first kale dab!
Enjoy this refreshing, crisp kale salad for a healthy lunch that will set you up perfectly for the rest of your 7/10.
Mediterranean Kale Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings; 25mg per serving
1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
¼ cup almonds
½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/8th gram Sol Flower shatter
1/2 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons honey
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Toss together kale, olives, almonds and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add shatter and stir to combine.
3. Cover and heat for 5 minutes to activate the THC. Do not boil.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Allow oil to cool.
5. Once cool, whisk in lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
6. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine. Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
**If using Sol Flower live resin or sauce, do not heat for 5 minutes. Allow concentrate to mix thoroughly in oil and then immediately remove from heat**
**Increase THC dose to 50mg per serving by using only 1/4 gram concentrate**