Trail mix is a snack made for elevation. In honor of National Trail Mix Day, we’re helping you power up your next hike with a crunchy, protein-packed snack that adds Good Things Coming fruit jellies to an already delicious granola, no baking required.
So what do you get when you reach into your rucksack before taking on that next switchback? Well, you get to go nuts. Specifically, cashews, almonds and peanuts that are full of antioxidants and fiber. There’s also the plethora of vitamins and minerals provided by oats, and the anti-inflammatory benefits of cinnamon. Overall, you’d be hard pressed to find a snack that packs together so many natural, nutritious food sources in one sweet and savory package.
With Good Things Coming Very Cherry CBD fruit jellies added to the mix, you can be sure that your next trek will bring you closer to nature and leave you feeling lighter on your hiking shoes. Check out our No Bake Trail Mix Bar recipe from Chef Teresa Hansen:
No Bake Trail Mix Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 bars, each bar 10mg THC/10mg CBD
1 bag Good Things Coming Very Cherry 1:1 Fruit Jellies, 10mg per piece
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup whole almonds
¼ cup peanuts
¼ cup raisins or dried cranberries
¼ cup chocolate covered pieces
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut each Very Cherry 1:1 fruit jelly into 4 smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Mix together peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and salt in a small sauce pan over medium heat until. Stir until fully combined and mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, cashews, almond, peanuts, raisins and chocolate covered pieces.
- When peanut butter/honey mixture is cool, pour over oats and nuts. Stir to fully combine.
- Press mixture into 8×8 pan and evenly press down in an even layer.
- Press in jelly pieces throughout the top of the granola bars, about 4 pieces per piece.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and cut into 10 bars.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to one week.
**Depending on your dose, reduce or increase the amount of very cherry fruit jellies per trail mix bar**