Yeah Taco Tuesday is nice but have you tried National Taco Day?? The annual exaltation of all things tortilla shreds its celebratory cheese on us today, reminding a weary nation that all things are possible through warm corn shells.
We’re not going to pass up this opportunity to come correcta with an infused taco recipe for our favorite food holiday. Chef Teresa Hansen has reimagined a west coast favorite, the fish taco, with a salsa side that gets its heat and its chill from Good Things Coming Mango Chile Fruit Jellies.
We chose fish because of the brain-boosting compounds found in popular taco varieties like salmon and cod. Fish are naturally high in omega-3 fatty acids that may help decrease the risk of depression while benefiting the body by reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure. Plus, we think a breaded fish filet is the best flavor complement to the zesty mango chile salsa you’ll be scooping on top.
You don’t need an excuse to crunch a taco, but now you have one! Enjoy.
Fish Tacos with Mango Chile Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Yield: 8 tacos; 5mg THC per 1 Tablespoon Mango Chile Salsa
1 bag Good Things Coming Mango Chile Fruit Jellies
1 mango, peeled and diced ¼ inch (about 1 cup)
1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed; finely diced
¼ cup finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
10 ounces breaded fish filets
8 street taco corn tortillas
Shredded coleslaw mix
1. Cut each mango fruit jelly into 4 smaller pieces.
2. Mix together fruit jellies, diced mango, diced jalapeno, diced onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bake breaded fish filets according to the directions on the package.
4. Heat corn tortillas in the microwave for 10-20 seconds or in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
5. Top each corn tortilla with one breaded fish filet, coleslaw, fresh lime and mango chile salsa.
**Depending on your dose, reduce or increase the amount of Mango Fruit jellies **
Learn about our exclusive daily deals when you join our email and text list!