If you’re anything like us, you’ve tried to keep your forays into the outside world limited to only the most essential trips. That means when you’re in the grocery store, there’s simply no time to linger in the dessert aisle and take in the sights and smells of bakery-crafted cookies (not like you could smell them anyway with that mask on).
Which makes this year’s National Homemade Cookies Day all the more poignant. We all love chocolate chip and sugar cookies, sure – but when your canvas is your own oven you have the opportunity to try new things and get positively wild with it. And that’s exactly what we’re baking up for you with this latest infused dessert recipe from Chef Teresa Hansen.
We’ve taken the traditional peanut butter cookie and sweetened it up with a Good Things Coming Pomegranate Fruit Jelly at the center of every one. If you’ve never experienced the tart and savory flavor combination that make these cookies so unique, you’re in for a literal treat that will leave you giddy and giggly for many reasons.
So fill your home with the smell of homemade cookies and fill your mind with good vibes tonight!
Peanut Butter & Pomegranate Jelly Cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies, 5mg THC per cookie
2 bags Good Things Coming Pomegranate Fruit Jellies,
10mg per piece
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup organic raw sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup gluten free flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut each Pomegranate fruit jelly into half. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, mix together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and raw sugar on medium speed, about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients- baking soda, salt and flour until fully combined.
6. Form the dough 30 round balls, about 2 tablespoons each.
7. Place a ½ piece Pomegranate fruit jelly in the center of each ball and form the sides of the dough around the jelly.
8. Place on a cookie sheet and Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
9. Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
**Depending on your dose, reduce or increase the amount of Pomegranate fruit jellies per cookie**