Are you visiting a dispensary for the first time? CLICK HERE to learn more about what to expect!
Sol Flower Education
Yuzu Granola Bars are begging to get baked
April 29, 2020
What can you do with yuzu? Well, if you take the lead from Japan, where this citrus is especially popular, it turns out you can do quite a bit. Like bathe in it - yuzu juice in hot water works like bath salts to soothe the skin and calm the mind, and soaking in yuzu has been a Japanese custom since the 1700s.
You can also make drinks with it, like liquors and wines that have rich overtones of grapefruit and mandarin orange, the two fruits most similar in taste to yuzu. It’s certainly not a fruit you see every day at the grocery store, but its versatility and sweetness make it the secret weapon of distillers and chefs the world over.
And now you too can enjoy yuzu, as part of Chef Teresa Hansen’s latest medicated creation: Yuzu Granola Bars. Give yourself a healthy dose of chill energy as you bake these bars featuring Good Things Coming Yuzu Fruit Jellies. Enjoy this exotic snack!
Yuzu Granola Bar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 9 granola bars (10-12mg per bar)
1 cup oats
1 cup macadamia nuts
100mg Good Things Coming Yuzu Fruit Jellies
½ cup hemp hearts
1 egg white
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Toast nuts and oats in the oven on separate sheet pans for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut each square Good Things Coming Yuzu Fruit Jellies in quarters so that you have 40 pieces total. Set aside.
3. When nuts are cool enough, pulse in a food processor until fine pieces.
4. In a medium bowl combine chopped nuts, oats and hemp hearts. Stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg white, coconut oil, brown sugar, lemon zest and salt until fully combined.
6. Pour liquid mixture over oat/nut/hemp mixture and stir to evenly coat.
7. Press mixture into an 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment (this will help ensure ease of removal).
8. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden.
9. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove and cut into 9 square pieces. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.