Watermelon Mojito Mocktail Infused with CBD | Watermelon Agua Fresca
Few things represent summer better than sweet, juicy watermelon. Born out of the Nile Valley in Ancient Egypt, humans have been enjoying this tasty berry for millennia. Seriously, they found watermelon seeds in King Tut’s tomb. (He obviously had the right idea.)
But the refreshing summertime fruit we know today is a little different than what he knew. Over history, seeds passed through Africa, then Mediterranean countries and other parts of Europe, and then through Asia before making their way to the Americas. So our summertime mascot is actually a result of thousands of years of cultivation and mutation. Thank goodness too, because now we have over 300 varieties to choose from!
So today, we’re celebrating this beauty with a refreshingly infused Watermelon Agua Fresca by our favorite culinary wizard, Chef Teresa Hansen. Featuring 4.25mg of THC and poured over ice, summertime never tasted or felt so good. Ideal for a backyard BBQ with friends or an afternoon in the hammock with a good book, this drink gives a whole new spin on watermelon that we think King Tut would approve of. We certainly do!
Watermelon Mojito Mocktail
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings (8.5mg THC, 1mg CBD per serving)
1 mL 1:10 CBD:THC Copperstate Tincture
2 tablespoons agave
½ seedless watermelon, rind removed (about 28 ounces)
½ cup fresh lime juice
8 ounces sparkling lime water
1. In a small bowl, whisk together agave and 1 mL THC:CBD tincture. Set aside.
2. Add watermelon cubes and lime juice to a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth.
3. Strain mixture through a fine strainer/sieve.
4. Whisk in infused agave to strained watermelon mixture until dissolved.
5. Pour mixture between to tall glasses and top with sparkling lime water. Garnish with fresh mint and serve!
**Depending on your dose, reduce or increase the amount of tincture per serving**
Recipe provided by Chef Teresa Hansen